- All of these steps will be done within SuccessWare21. You can NOT create your Technicians inside the SWRemote Admin Site.
- If you have not setup the 'Remote User Groups' first, please follow these one-time instructions HERE.
- If the Tech is not first setup as an Employee in SuccessWare21, you should NOTcreate the User. Follow these instructions HERE.
- Any new users setup must have their Employee Code match their Username - these fields must be exactly the same, or the system will not allow them to log in (instructions in above bullet point).
- Login to SuccessWare21 as administrator, and select the small 21 button in the far left of the top toolbar.
- From the menu that pops up, please select Setup and then Employee Manager
3. Right-click on the Employee you want to create a User for and select "SuccessWare21 User..."
4. This will bring up the new User screen. *Caution* Do NOT change the username. It is being copied from the "Employee Code" and it must match this EXACTLY, even if it is random. If the Username does not match the Employee code, the Tech will NEVER be able to login.
5. Next, select the User Group dropdown and select the appropriate RemoteTechUser group.
- RemoteTech has basic privileges.
- RemoteTechOnCall - If the Tech(s) will be working after hours and adding calls from the device, set them to "RemoteTechOnCall".
- RemoteTechManager - If they are a field manager and need to add calls from the Device, plus search the ENTIRE Schedule (for all Techs), set them to "RemoteTechManager".
6. Click Save.
*Note* If you receive an error stating that "The Username must be greater than x characters," you will need to cancel the changes and follow the steps here to adjust the minimum username length and then start over.
7. In order to get the initial password, you will need to click the Reset Password button inside the User. This will look like a blue hyper link (see image below).
Follow the prompts after you do this, and the password should be on the third box that pops up. Make sure you make note of both this password, as well as the Tech's Username.
You DO NOT need to change this password unless you have them set to expire inside of SuccessWare21.
If you wish to update the password this can be done from the SuccessWare21 login screen, as described in the article HERE.
*Note* SWRemote does not see, change, or have any control over these passwords. They are all controlled through the method you just used, and our Support Team cannot recover the password your technicians have or reset them.
- Repeat these steps for each tech you need to create.
- Please see the Related Articles below, as you may need to add a Truck/Vehicle, Register the device and more.
Video: Creating Remote Users and User Groups inside SuccessWare21