By default, when the user groups for SWRemote are created in SuccessWare21 the groups named 'RemoteTechManager' and 'RemoteTechOnCall' both have this ability.
*NOTE* If your tech is in the RemoteTech Usergroup and you wish to give them this permission, change them to the RemoteTechOnCall Usergroup. If you wish to give this permission to a non-Remote Tech usergroup, use the instructions below.
- Log into SuccessWare21 with administrative rights.
- Click on the 21 icon
- Click on Setup
- Click on User Manager
- Right click anywhere in the grid and select the option for User Groups
- Select the User Group from the Select User Group drop down that you want to edit
- Navigate to the 'Customer Service - 1' tab
- Click the Edit button
- Check the box labeled 'Allow Access to Customer Service Data'
- Check the box labeled 'Create New Job' - This will also check the box labeled Allow Access to Customer Service Data.
- Press the Save button
- The next time a technician logs in on a device who is a part of that group they will be able to do a Customer Search and create new jobs.
- The Customer Search button is available on the Main Menu. Click here to find out how to perform a customer search from a Device.
The Customer Search will also give the Tech the ability:
- edit the customer Location information.
- Add a job directly from the Device.
Click HERE to learn how to Add a Job directly from a Device.
***Note: The Schedule Search and Add job functionality are tied together, you can't have one without the other.